Version 5 major problem

About Forums Feedbacks Version 5 major problem

This topic contains 37 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  coder 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

coder
    Keymaster

Yes, that is the case when the author has defined a fixed font for the whole text or some paragraphs. Sometimes these definitions are copyrighted by the author, so the reader cannot change these definitions when the autor forces it.

Try another book. The most of available books have no these restrictions.

Try also Zoom gesture on your trackpad (or Cmd-+)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  coder.

Meitnik
    Participant

I made the epub file with no font restrictions. Opened it in another epub reader which used Palatino font not Times Roman. I am sure I was able to change textfont under v.4/5. I used Jutoh.

Meitnik
    Participant

thanks for supporting cmd+ 🙂

coder
    Keymaster

Can you provide me with that epub? You could not even put these restrictions, but the authoring software you used may have it done. BookReader doesn’t change local css styling.

Meitnik
    Participant

went into my epub file, yes jutoh is restricting the textfont; however, ibook allows me to change it and another epub reader uses another font to override it. sending you the file.

coder
    Keymaster

Oh yes, BookReader also could do it before. But one day I was assaulted by a very angry book author, threatening to drag me into lawsuit, cause his book had a copyrighted style.
    So, you know.. I prefer to stay away.

Meitnik
    Participant

so am confused, am I supposed to be able to set the font within your app? So there really is not any problem with the epub then??

coder
    Keymaster

Yes you are able to change the default font if (and only if) it is not forced by a local CSS rules. BookReader has no possibility to know if these rules were intentionally forced by the author or not, if these rules are copyrighted or not. That’s all.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No comments yet

Comments are closed.