Version 5 major problem

About Forums Feedbacks Version 5 major problem

This topic contains 37 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  coder 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

coder
    Keymaster

Andrew, I didn’t understand the bug n.1, can you explain it please?

Meitnik
    Participant

good, weird to show edge of the book showing through a model popup.

coder
    Keymaster

that damned transparency is a part of El Capitan style. I’ll fix it somehow, promise. I don’t like it too.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  coder.

Meitnik
    Participant

re n.1…look carefully at the screenshot:
    at the page location in the bookmark popup and the page number of the selected text page shown…they don’t match up nor is there any hilighted text as per the bookmark popup info…you do know what a lookup table is right? 😉

Meitnik
    Participant

if you keep track by char location than simulated page number you will always find the selected text, this is what ibook does all the time otherwise by changing font/margins etc the app would fail to locate the hi-lighted text.

I have studied the math and coding of epub/etext files for a long time 😉

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Meitnik.

coder
    Keymaster

Ok, the page number doesn’t match. What is a lookup table?

Meitnik
    Participant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookup_table
    its a very powerful tool and solves a lot of problems 😉

And read Managing Gigabits book…

Meitnik
    Participant

Many deves have been burned by El Capitan style. Apple has thrown out the smart well tested UI principles from original Human interface guidelines. I have come to hate Ive and apple for this. The tiny fonts used everywhere in OS is hard on my nearly blind eyes.
    The best thing is do whats right for the user not follow lock step with Apple. 20 yrs ago deves pushed hard to do their own UI which won awards…really thinking outside the box.

coder
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if the lookup table is suitable in this case. ))) But don’t worry, the notes and bookmarks are matched by substring occurrence searching within the chapter. Exactly as the other reader do.

coder
    Keymaster

ok, the n.2 is fixed. now, let’s see why the page is not matched.

Meitnik
    Participant

um, if that was the case, when I installed 5.1 and it opened the book, bookreader should have no trouble locating the notes and hilighted text, but it did fail hence the screen shot. So there is bug there when reading in from the old database??

coder
    Keymaster

no, because I don’t store the page number but the string and its index inside the chapter (in case this is a repeating string).

Meitnik
    Participant

ok, did some testing, yes you are recaluating on the fly location of hilights/notes, good!…so its the update again. perhaps someone else might discover the same once updating to 5.1.

coder
    Keymaster

yes, you are right. I’m looking for the bug right now. And I’ll find it.

Meitnik
    Participant

ok, its not letting me set the textfont, its stays at times roman?? I use a sans-serif font Veranda thats better for my eyes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No comments yet

Comments are closed.