Version 5 major problem

About Forums Feedbacks Version 5 major problem

This topic contains 37 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  coder 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

nikkobaud
    Participant

—updated to v5 by the App Store. Opened BookReader. Errors appeared:
    ———”An error occurred during persistent store migration.”
    ———”Failed to initialize the store”
    —deleted app and reinstalled it – same thing.
    —tried “rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.lymes.BookReader” in Terminal and reinstalling
    —ooops, my entire Books library disappears (750+ epubs).
    —fortunately I have daily backups so tried recreating my BookReader library
    —able to see and read all epubs, but…
    —95% of collection now have generic cover images and “garbage” titles, and…
    —I’ve lost all “cataloguing” of epubs I’d done (i.e., make author, title, and cover images consistent — one feature I especially appreciated in BookReader — a former librarian)

While I’ve enjoyed the epub reading environment provided by BookReader — up to v5, thinking it the best I’ve seen, and while I’m now considering recreating my library using another epub reader, even, shudder the thought, iBooks, I’m now wary of any reader that uses “captive” libraries. I may just get your E-Book Reader, keeping my epubs separate from the reader(s).

Meitnik
    Participant

I literally was about to buy this app a few minutes ago when I saw the 5.1 update on MacUpdate. I went here to see info about the 5.1; none, but saw your posting. Confirmed what I believed was the case with coredata; its buggy. I will now wait longer and hopefully this get fixed. Btw, it would be good not to only sell via MAS, direct sales with payment via paypal would be good.

coder
    Keymaster

Please feel free to download and try a FREE version of BookReader

If you like it you can purchase the license with PayPal.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  coder.

Meitnik
    Participant

Please share how we can pay with paypal. thanks

coder
    Keymaster

the Trial version of BookReader uses Paddle.com licensing, it is another way to sell the apps outside Mac App Store. Please refer http://help.paddle.com/article/14-what-payment-methods-can-i-use-with-paddle

Meitnik
    Participant

Is the trail version the full 5.1 version? and that the paddle is just unlocking the features? thanks

coder
    Keymaster

Yes, it is a completely FULL version with 7 days trial period, with annoying startup banner “Please blah, blah, blah..” You can try the app for 7 days and decide if you like it or not.

Just download and try it ))) it won’t blow your mac )))

Meitnik
    Participant

full 5.1 version not an older version right?

coder
    Keymaster

that’s right.

coder
    Keymaster

I can’t believe it. Mr. Meitnik, you’ve purchased BookReader? Thank you very much for purchasing. If you have any questions, or maybe suggestions, or feature requests – please do not hesitate to contact me. All feedbacks are VERY appreciated.

Meitnik
    Participant

Discovered a number of bugs already:
    1. From the 5 to 5.1 version it fails to locate hi-lighted text; so you are saving the wrong info; not the location by page which can change but the hi-lighted string since the book cant be edited. You need a lookup table for hilighted text. Need to fix asap otherwise even bother doing hilights if I change the font/margins etc…
    2. Garbage shown under the sample hi-lighted text in the bookmarks panel.

can’t attach a screen shot :-(

coder
    Keymaster

Please, write me directly at support@macbookreader.com with the screenshots

Meitnik
    Participant

Requiring a user to delete faulty hi-lighted text location and reenter selection and note is poor design and makes the user do more work which will only frustrate user.

Meitnik
    Participant

sent…screeen shot

coder
    Keymaster

Yes, thank you. That’s not a garbage, it is a transparency and text from the underlying page. But you are right, it is weird to see. Will fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

No comments yet

Comments are closed.